2012 Dec 28 Friday. Paul saw me take stuff out to my Honda and asked me if I was moving out today. I said I wasn’t, that I was just loading some stuff while the weather was nice as it was supposed to snow the next few days.
Later he asked me again when I was moving out. I said the end of the month , maybe sooner but I have to wait until the guy moves out before I can move in. He said that it would be good if I moved out tomorrow as he has a lot to do as his girlfriend and daughter are moving in. I then asked if his girlfriend had to be out on the 31st. He said yes, and that she has a lot of stuff to move and I’d like to have you out so that she can move in.
I then stated that while she has to be out of her apartment on the 31’st, that doesn’t mean that she can’t move in before that, as she can move in to you house anytime. Why don’t you move her stuff into the spare bedroom, or fill up your living and dining room or the room downstairs or even the garage so that you don’t have to move her on the 31st.
He then said that he has to paint my room before she moves in and it’s best to paint with no furniture in the room. I said, yes, But if I don’t get my apt before the 31st, I’ll still be here and you will be moving her on the same day I’m moving out.
He then said that he would not be home on the 31st, and added in a demanding tone that he wanted me out for sure on Monday, and with that he left the room and went upstairs. I assumed that he was going to a New Years Eve party, so the question is, how is he planning on moving his girlfriend and paint the room if he is not even going to be around, and neither is she, as I assumes she is going to the party with him. He has had almost 6 weeks to paint the bedrooms and begin to move her stuff in and he is only now beginning to think about it. Dah!!! The boy is a bright as a bag of hammers. My observation is that if he wasn’t stoned 70% of the time or had a alcoholic drink in him the other 30% of the time, he might not have the brain fog he has. Like I told him in a previous unrelated conversation, it’s his life and what he does or doesn’t do with it is his choice and responsibility.
Update: Dec 29 Saturday. Well this afternoon he had his father and his girlfriend over and the three of them began painting the spare bedroom. As I came out of my room, he made a smart assed comment saying, “See, I can paint a room in one day.” I looked at him and replied, “I know you can, you just need to get off your ass and do it.” He looked shocked but never said as word as his father and girlfriend looked at me and at him and said nothing and pretended they didn’t hear me.